Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Painting Questions


Does each window have 2 pulleys? or 1? We will have a sense very quickly as to how many windows need pulleys, yes?
​ Each sash has 2 pulleys.  ​All of the upper sash are screwed shut and we are assuming that they will stay that way.  If that is not the correct assumption let me know. All of the pulleys that we tried worked fine.  I don't foresee many replacements.

You had mentioned keeping the upper portion of the windows secured, as they are now, with wood. Does this price reflect keeping the windows that way?
​​
 
​Yes​

Is all paint being removed so that the whole house can take on an oil primer? If not, how is the primer applied? 
Oil primer efficiently adheres to latex.  It is not advised or necessary to try to remove​ every stitch of paint from the house.  

Will the wrought iron on the bluestone patio be removed for painting, or be painted in situ?
​ I don't believe that the wrought iron can be removed.  Isn't it set right into the stone? It is not going to be a problem either way.
 Some of the rust occurs very close to the base of the wrought iron. There are a few pieces of wrought iron that should probably be replaced--we can discuss pricing this along with the masonry repairs to the garden room and the new garden room windows. 
I have window numbers coming later this week for the garden room.

How big is Keiran's team?
​ 
​5-6​
​ will be there on a regular basis.  More is possible but I don't think that necessarily makes things go faster.
 
Will he be onsite daily? 
Absolutely as will we.​

Are there any other process-oriented clarifications to consider before signing? 
We have been very thorough.  I hope that we addressed everything.  That being said I did not look at the exterior doors while I was on site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment